Saturday, September 3, 2016

Previous builds 1/144 fighters


Another post of my previous builds.
Showcasing 1/144 scale fighters
 F-104 starfighter
Panavia tornado
Eurofighter Typhoon

These are kits given to me by my grandparents

This was the first model I painted back when I was 12 or 13 when I was visiting my grandparents.
My grandpa helped me with supplying me with paints and models.
I built the Starfighter quite recently earlier this year.
It was quite a simple build with very few parts. Other than filling in the seam between the fuselage halves it all when together perfectly. The painting was a technical challenge as the model itself was very small compared to other planes. The plane measures about 5.25 in (133mm) long and 2.25 in (57mm) wide. Masking the small camo pattern took some time to get correct with tape. I now use adhesive putty like blue tac to mask paint. 
This Tornado was partially completed but I had left sitting. I had most of the painting done and a few decals. To finish it up, I touched up on the paint and applied the rest of the decals. I again had lost the canopy so I used wire to make the canopy frame.










No comments:

Post a Comment